Thursday, September 13, 2007

You're the man~ A tribute to my dearest dad

Many people always prefer mom rather than dad when it comes down to parenting. We chinese even have a saying, or more like a jingle, "In this whole world, only mom is the best". Not doubt about that but in a certain degree, at least for me, the only person in this world that I would truly love.............is my dad. No hestiation about it!!

For most people, mom portrays the role of a better parent because they are loving and caring, and better yet, they gave birth to us. Dad on the other hand, represents the authoritian figure, the impassive, draggy and demanding half. However, my dad meant a whole world to me. After my dad and my mom got divorced, my dad worked so hard to single-handedly raise me and my brother up. He made me into a bigger and better individual that I'm today, without him, me and my brother would still be living in a miserable life... Without him, I can't even imgaine how my life would turn out. Without him, I will never be able to stand on my own.

The majority of you may think that mom is better, well that doesn't fly for me. I will just skip the depressed part of my life so that I don't have to think about my pass..... Caz everybody has something in their pass that they are either not proud of or they just don't want to talk about it anymore. All I can tell you is that my childhood was not as affectionate or loving as I would like it to turn out. And yah, it was quite the complete opposite, its just something that should never happen to any child but unfortunately, me and my brother suffered from it... I know my dad sometimes tried to explain to me about this but I just told him that what's done, it's done....we can never go back to how we were. And freakly speaking, if I were given another chance, I would never want to go back to how we were......it's just thinking about it makes me sick.

I don't really know how much the divorce thing may been impacted or influenced my dad, but he surely don't want me and my brother to get caught up in the heat, so he didn't tell us much about what happened. I know he is trying to protect us and my mom, and honestly at one point I felt like he should have dicussed with me and I was quite frustrated that I slashed out at him a couple of times. But now that I think about it, I felt like I was extremely and profoundly immature and disrespectful towards my dad because ultimately, it is not my place to judge him or criticize him because it is between him and my mom's business. Luckily, since my dad is such a understanding and forgiving person, he always calms me down in the most harmonious tone that it makes me feel renovated and optimistic again.


Since the divorce, my dad took on the most challenging and troublesome job that every single women dreamed of, but petrified when actually doing it. Bingo~~~~~~~ that's right, the role of mother. And yes, since my dad is divorced, he has to take on both the responsibility of being a mom and a dad. CAN you imgaine yourself going through that huh??? I guess not~!!! It's not a rocket science to realize how utterly and tiring it is to single-handedly bring up two children, but my dad insisted and insisted that he could do it. AND let me tell you this, he done it like nobody else can ever compare. He nailed down as if its a "piece-of-cake"!!!!!!! Not only does he phyiscally and emotionally nutured us, but he input shit-loads of effort into teaches me how to become a better open-handed and modest person. He always believed in me, period. Even if I was messing around, tiptoeing in my high school year or being so obnoxious and childish...... he chuck it all down and rarely does he gets angry at me. I know that he wanted what's best for me, and hands-down he has given me and my brother the best life that we could never have dreamed of. He provided us with everything he has and even though I know sometimes he may be exhausted and fed up trying to please us, but he never stop......he never quits. And yes, that's my poppi (it means dad, new word hoo)!!!!!!!


You guys may not fully understand why I wanted to make this tribute to my dad when you know that this is a blog about me and my dog, well apart from the fact that I wanted to let my dad know how I sincerely felt about him...I wanted to thank him for letting to have Haze. The reason is because my dad...he is not really a BIG fan when it comes down to dogs, and especially big dogs because he was biten by a dog when he was a child.... he kind of have this phobia or should I say nerve-racking feeling for dogs. Even so, he chose to buy Haze for me. I don't know what it is that made him do this, but from the bottom of my heart, I believe that he bought Haze because he loVes me (Well, at least for me, caz I can't think of any other reason to bet this reason@@). The best thing that came out from this experience is that my dad begin to regain his confidence with dogs, at least for Haze (remember, husky are very huge). But I know that my dad accepted Haze not because he finally overcome his phobia but he accepted Haze because of me. And the lovest thing is believe or not, he is slowly creating an intimate bond with Haze and to my surprise, Haze LOVE my dad................(Because dogs can usually sense people who are afraid of them and most of the time they will simply leave that person alone, but not this case...)

Finally, the reason why I wrote this tribute is largely because I wanted the whole world to recognize that not only mom represent the best parent, but also dad. Moreover, I really felt like I haven't gotten a proper chance to show how truthfully thankful I'm for everything that my dad has done for us, that I'm so proud of being her daughter and that I wouldn't trade anything in the world to be with you. We been through alot together, the goods and bads, but I know he will always love me no matter what, and same goes for me...And I will always be here for you, through the joy and pain, so please note that you will always have me and Steve (my brother) by your side.

My love for you is beyond words, is beyond describable, is beyond comprehension. I wanted to shout it aloud so that the world world can hear it, "I....LOVE.....U......DADDY" And Oh Yah~ congratulation again on your promotion!!!!!!!! You so deserved than anyone else!!!!! May the force always be with you~~~~~^o^



No comments: