Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Life is precious, but things happen unexpectedly

I feel so disoriented and speechless when I heard that a husky has ate a two weeks old baby..................To be honest, I never thought anything like that would ever happen, not with a dog that is usually very gentle, friendly and sweet-tempered with children. I just can't believe what happened...


It's difficult sometime to explain to people that actually huskies are very kind and loving breed because of their slightly mischievous and fiecre appearance. Many people held prejudices judgment against huskies because they asume that their appearance meant that they are intimidating and creepy. It is the most common perception for people who tends to look at their outlook and indicate whether they are kind or evil. But how could anyone attempt to make silly and stereotype judgment by only speculating them from their outlook. That's complete absurd and foolish. The reason I wanted to point out this aspect is because whenever I take my huskies out for a walk, almost 8 out of 10 rushed away when Haze walk pass.


My first reaction was........"Ok....are you mad? You don't really have to be that scared, it won' bit you!!!" Yah, that's basically my first reaction, caz seriously....huskies are very loyal and sweet-tempered and yes it may get angry sometimes but that is if someone provokes or tries to hurt them. Any dogs, including husky will not literally jump you if you don't offend them...just like human beings. If I swear at you non-stop, tell me, would you slash out at me..............of course you will or better yet, if I beat you up, would you fight back........................of course mate!!!!!!! That's the same theory for dogs, if you approach them with respect, they will embraces every single moment of it.


But I have to say one thing, huskies unlike many other dogs such as Golden Retriever, they are very strong-willed and independent therefore huskies do need lots of firm and consistent obedience trainings. However, huskies are very good with children because of their energetic and adorable personality that welcomes anyone who plays with them. Bear in mind that I'm not saying that you should leave your dogs alone with your children because this is too outrageously danger and irresponsible.


However, I'm truly sorry for one family who losed their baby. I could never understand how they feel and I don't dare pretend I do, because I don't. Unfortunately, the one thing I had to say is that this incident rarely happens to children, and this may just be a one-off accident but it doesn't mean that it will happen everytime. And the fact is any dog are more than capable enough to kill a baby, not only husky. I strongly hope that people can let their prejudices and hatred towards huskies and just let bygone be bygone...because no one expected it to happen.........


Again, I feel sincerely sorry for the family but I hope things will turn better soon.........

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

ignore them, ya, you are right, that's sterotype judgement, support you and your baby husky 4ever!!!